Making things easier for your clients
Your ability to build relevant and valuable insurance plans for your clients depends on us providing you with products that meet the needs of New Zealanders. So over the last six months, we’ve worked with you to deliver trauma insurance for children, Accidental Injury Cover and various product and technology enhancements.
This is a busy time of the year where you’re focussing on sorting your clients insurance before we all take a well-deserved break. To make things easier for everyone, this release recognises ways we can better support existing and new customers at claim time, and you when you’re quoting clients.
Our latest updates reflect the trends we’ve seen across technology, our claim stories, your feedback and our desire to give customers on older products, access to some of the great Private Health benefits.
Health Product Enhancements
These benefits apply to Private Heath, Absolute Health and MajorCare. We’re assessing claims that have been submitted from the 5th September 2017 onwards against these enhancements.
These benefits don’t apply to staff MajorCare, EBS and Sure Health products.
Extending coverage to our legacy health product customers
They can now access the Post Cancer Treatment Care and Support benefit giving them up to $1,000 per policy year towards support services and personal items post-cancer diagnosis. They’re now covered for Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) surgery which can be a major medical expense. TMJ is the hinge connecting the jaw to the temporal bones of the skull.
Giving customers the choice to have skin prick tests and skin biopsies performed by General Practitioners (GP) or specialists
These procedures are now included under the Minor Surgery benefit, not just under the Specialist Consultations benefit. Customers with any Sovereign health insurance product can see a GP to have a skin prick test and/or skin biopsy performed.
Usability updates made to our quoting software
Included in Illustrations 10.0.6, available from 10th November 2017.
- Aligning Disability Income Protection (DI) and Mortgage and Income Protection (MIP) sum assured frequencies: Now you can quote the sum assured for both as an annual amount. MIP will still continue to offer monthly quoting as well.
- Allowing you to choose Premier Cover Option for a second Disability Income Protection (DI): Some client’s plans require Premier Cover on both DI benefits. This can now be selected with ease.
- Helping you set expectations for the health insurance underwriting process for clients over 70 years old: When quoting health insurance for anyone 70 years or over, you’ll now see a pop up reminding you that the Special Consideration Process will need to be followed. This way you can start having those conversations earlier.
- Fixing the pop up message for Accidental Injury Cover: There was a misalignment with the age pop up causing confusion. It will now read: ‘Age should be between 16 and 65 for this policy’.
Find all you need to know about the updates here:
Annual Policy Fee and CPI review
Effective 1st January 2018
We’ve completed our annual review, and our policy fee and Consumer Price Index (CPI) updates will automatically take effect from 1st January 2018 for new customers. For existing customers these changes will commence in line with their next anniversary date.
Based on the latest CPI from Statistics New Zealand, we’ve updated the CPI rates in Illustrations 10.0.6. For customers who have chosen the CPI linked benefit, this allows the amount of cover to be adjusted on each anniversary date. At the same time our policy fee is also reviewed based on the CPI rates.
Illustrations Software Update
You will need to update to version 10.0.6.
From Monday 13th of November 2017, Illustrations will require an online update to continue. You can update to the new version from today, Friday 10th November 2017.
If your Illustrations software has expired, please click OK to launch the Update Manager and apply the online update. If you have any problems downloading the update, visit Sovlink and download the update.
If you do not have a Sovlink login or require assistance installing Illustrations or the update, please contact Practice Solutions on 0800 484 444.
The Illustrations 10.0.6 release will introduce the following new features:
- Improved quote process for Disability Income Protection
- Ability to quote annual and monthly sum assured for Mortgage and Income Protection
- Allows you to quote Premier Cover Option for two DI benefits
- Added a pop up to remind that the Special Consideration Process is required for anyone over 70 years old applying for health insurance
- Corrected a pop up message when quoting Accidental Injury Cover
- Included the Policy Fee and CPI updates effective from 1 January
- Accidental Injury Cover is now accessible for NZ Home Loan Advisers
The FAQs provide more detail about the updates.